All you need to know about Green Oxycodone 30mg
- Generic name: Oxycodone 30mg
- Brand name: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyCONTIN, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Roxy Bond, Xtampza ER.
- Molecular Formula Of Oxycodone: C18H21NO4
- Molecular Weight Of Oxycodone: 315.4
- Found in oral capsule strengths: 5 mg, 15 mg, 30 mg and the 5 mg, 15 mg and 30 mg tablets contain the equivalent of 4.5 mg, 13.5 mg and 27.0 mg, respectively free bases of oxycodone.
- Oxycodone is a strong narcotic pain reliever drug and cough suppressant similar to morphine, codeine and hydrocodone.
- Green Oxycodone 30mg is an immediate-release form of the drug which shows its effects on your body immediately after you consume it.
- Thebaine is oxidized with hydrogen peroxide to 14 hydroxycodeinone, which is hydrogenated directly or via its oxime, or its bromination products to oxycodone. The lowering of 14-hydroxycodeinone can also be performed with sodium hydrosulfite. Alternatively, 14-hydroxycodeinone is produced by oxidation of codeine.
- Central nervous system(CNS) opioid receptors for endogenous compounds with opioid-like activity have been identified throughout the brain and spinal cord and play a vital role in the analgesic effects of this drug.
- Like other opioid agonists, there is no ceiling effect for analgesia with oxycodone.
Mechanism Of Action
- Green Oxycodone 30mg and its active compounds such as metabolites, nor oxycodone, oxymorphone and noroxymorphone opioid agonists and these compounds are slowly diffused into the blood-brain barrier or may be actively transported in an unknown way. Oxycodone and its active metabolites can bind by selective mu opioid receptors, but together the kappa and delta opioid receptors in the central nervous system release the G-protein receptor.
- Stimulation of mu opioid receptors inhibits N-type calcium channels, which inhibits painful responses.
- The exact mechanism of action of analgesics is unknown under conditions of inflammation or hyperalgesia, opioid receptors in the heart, lungs, liver, gastrointestinal tract and reproductive system.
Uses Of The Drug
It is a smart drug because it can be used in two ways like as an immediate release drug for moderate to severe pain. And as an extended release product for chronic moderate to severe pain requiring continuous opioid analgesics for an extended period.
Dosage For Green Oxycodone 30mg
Doses depend upon many factors like medical condition and medical history, ages and on many other conditions, therefore always follow your doctor’s recommended doses.
- Dose for immediate release of oxycodone tablets; The general starting dose recommended is 5 to 30 mg every 4 to 6 hours and for patients who have never received opioids can start with 5 to15 mg every 4 to 6 hours and some patients may need 30 mg or more every 4 hours according to their condition.
- Dose for extended release of oxycodone tablets; The typically recommended starting dose is 10 mg every 12 hours. Extended release capsules are used when treatments are needed for an extended period according to the medical condition.
- And patients who have been using opioids and have become effectless to opioid effects should only use single doses greater than 40 mg like 60mg and 80mg tablets. But there is a risk of large doses because it may cause depressed breathing.
- Oral Liquid form: The usual adult recommended dose for the oral liquid form (5 mg/5 ml) is 10-30 mg every 4 hours.
Symptoms Of Overdose
- widening of the pupils or narrowing (dark circle in the eye)
- cold, clammy skin
- difficulty breathing
- slowed or stopped breathing
- excessive sleepiness
- limp or weak muscles
- unable to respond or wake up
Possible Side Effects Of Green Oxycodone 30mg
- Common side effects: The Common side effects that can occur with this drug are indicated as follows and if these effects are mild, they will vanish in a few days or within a week but if the condition worsens, talk with your doctor and get medical assistance immediately.
- stomach pain
- Rare side effects; Get emergency medical assistance if you have symptoms such as allergic reactions like hives, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, throat, blue colored lips, or if you are hard to wake up and have difficulty breathing with long pauses because opioid drugs can slow or stop your breathing and death may occur.
- Noisy breathing, sighing, shallow breathing, breathing that stops during sleep.
- a slow heart rate or weak pulse
- Feeling light-headed, like you might pass out
- confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior
- loss of appetite, Nausea , vomiting, worsening tiredness or weakness.
- Serotonin syndrome such as agitation, confusion, fever, sweating, chest pain, fast heart rate, feeling short of breath, muscle stiffness, trouble walking or feeling faint.
- In men or women long-term use of opioid medication may affect fertility (ability to have children).
- The most common side effects of Green Oxycodone 30mg are constipation, feeling sick and feeling sleepy.
Precautions And Warnings before taking Green Oxycodone 30mg
- Green Oxycodone 30mg is only recommended to adults and children aged 1 month and older.
Clinically proven dosage should be only recommended, otherwise it may lead to adverse reactions, including respiratory and CNS depression.
- Prolonged use of the drug may lead to becoming addicted to oxycodone, but your doctor will guide you how to reduce the risks of becoming addicted.
- Green Oxycodone 30mg might increase side effects due to medical history and medical condition so if you have the following condition tell your doctor before starting this medicine: if a person ever had an allergic reaction to oxycodone or to its active and inactive ingredients. or have low blood pressure (hypotension) have lung problems, asthma or breathing difficulties or have an addiction to alcohol or have a head injury or condition which causes seizures or fits or have an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or have kidney or liver problems or have an enlarged prostate or have had recent stomach surgery or bowel problems
- Ladies trying to get pregnant, are already pregnant or if you’re breastfeeding should use the medicine only when prescribed by your doctor.
Special Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Maintaining a healthy weight, eating a balanced diet and regular exercising may help you manage erectile dysfunction.
- Avoid consuming alcohol because excessive amounts of alcohol may temporarily impair your ability to get an erection.
- Avoid using tobacco and smoking.