Everything you need to know about Azithromycin 500mg
There are a wide variety of bacterial infections that happen in our body that needs to be
cured. Bacterial infections include skin infections, ear infections, respiratory infections, eye
infections, and sexually transmitted diseases too. For this purpose, a macrolide-type
antibiotic has already been introduced years back in the market which is known
as azithromycin 500mg.
How should one take azithromycin 500mg?
- One must take azithromycin 500mg exactly the way it is prescribed by the doctor.
- The patient should always follow all directions given on the prescription label.
- The medicine must not be taken in larger or smaller amounts. Also, the duration for
which the medicine has been prescribed must be kept in mind and strictly followed.
- The dose and length of treatment may be different for every type of infection.
- Azithromycin 500mg can be taken with or without food, whichever is convenient for
Azithromycin is available in many forms such as a tablet, an oral suspension solution, an eye
drop, and an injection. The best type and dosage of the medicine can only be decided based
on the infection a person has.
What happens if one misses a dose?
The missed dose can be skipped if it is about to be the time for the next scheduled dose.
One must not take extra medicine in order to make up for the missed dose.
There are certain points that are needed to be taken care of, while taking azithromycin
500mg. they are-
- If a person is allergic to antibiotics such erythromycin, clarithromycin,
telithromycin he must avoid consuming azithromycin 500mg.
- Before using azithromycin, one must tell the doctor or the pharmacist about all the
drugs he or she takes. Also, if the patient has any of the conditions mentioned
below: certain heart problems (slow heartbeat, QT prolongation in the EKG ), family
history of certain heart problems (QT prolongation in the EKG, sudden cardiac
- In the case of pregnancy, azithromycin 500mg should be used only when needed
and prescribed by the doctor. the risks and benefits of the medicine must always be
discussed with the doctor.
- Azithromycin 500mg passes into breast milk. Therefore, it is necessary that the
mother consults her doctor before taking the medicine or breastfeeding.
- One should not take antibiotics without a doctor’s prescription. Not all antibiotics
treat all kinds of bacteria.
- In case of side effects one must immediately call a doctor.
- The patient should always take the entire course of antibiotics the doctor
recommends, even when he or she starts to feel better.
- One must head to the emergency room in case of symptoms of an allergic reaction
or trouble breathing.
Benefits and uses of taking Azithromycin 500mg
- This drug is used to treat mild-to-moderate infections of the lungs, sinuses, skin, and
other body parts by health care providers.
- The drug can also fight a wide range of bacteria, which may include many types in
the Streptococcus family. It also has the tendency to stop harmful bacteria from
Precisely there are certain diseases or infections in which this drug is generally used. They
- community-acquired pneumonia
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) complications
- sinus infections
- certain ear infections that occur in children who are aged 6 months and over
- chancroid genital ulcers (in males)
Side effects of the drug
Just like all other drugs azithromycin 500mg drug also has side effects which must be considered and taken
Some common side effects are-
- Pain in the abdomen
Other uncommon side effects are-
- Heart palpitations or chest pain
- Dry skin
- Sun sensitivity
- A rash
There are other side effects too which are very serious but if we look at the statistics they
are very rare. Those side effects are-
- Serious allergic reactions
- Changes in heart rhythm. This side effect is more likely in people who take heart
rhythm medications, older people, and other people with low blood potassium.
- Damage of the liver. This happens especially in people who have a history of liver
Where can one buy azithromycin 500mg?
One can buy azithromycin 500mg from both online shopping apps or websites and virtual
It completely depends on the patient or the buyer how he or she wants to buy
azithromycin 500mg. one can easily find azithromycin 500mg for sale in any medical store.
Conditions in which doctor should not prescribe the drug if a person-
- requires a stay in the hospital
- is older or debilitated
- has underlying health problems which are, such as immune system problems
- has cystic fibrosis
- has a hospital-acquired infection
- has bacteria
One must also be aware of the drug interactions. So that it may not be risky to consume the
drug. Although one can easily buy azithromycin 500mg. but, the person should keep in
mind that the drug can interact with other drugs that the patient is consuming. This can
cause some serious issues too.
One example for this argument is while taking a drug used for treating HIV that is nelfinavir
if a person consumes azithromycin 500mg there are very high risks for liver abnormalities
and hearing problems.
Azithromycin 500mg comes in contact with warfarin which is a blood thinner. It increases
the effect of that drug.
The cost of the brand version of this drug is as usual higher than the generic version of the
drug. Azithromycin 500mg for sale is easily available and one can buy it as per convenience.
Although the cost of the drug depends on the geographical location of the patient and also
from where it is being bought be it a virtual store or online shopping app or website.
Azithromycin is a very good drug if taken in control and under a medical practitioner’s
There are no reviews yet.