Diazepam 10 mg is a benzodiazepine derivative. And chemically diazepam 10 mg tablet is 7-chloro-1,3-dihydro-1-methyl-5-phenyl-2H-1,4-benzodiazepine- 2-one. And the chemical formula is C16H13ClN2O and it has a 284.75 molecular weight. Diazepam is available for oral administration as tablets in which it contains 2 mg, 5 mg, or 10 mg of diazepam. It is only recommended for a short period of time up to 4 weeks.
Anxiety or tension caused by everyday stress normally does not require the use of anti-anxiety medication. Bensen 10 mg diazepam may be helpful in the symptomatic alleviation of acute agitation, tremor, imminent or acute delirium tremens, and hallucinosis in people who are experiencing acute alcohol withdrawal.
blue diazepam 10 mg (Valium 10mg) is a useful adjunct for the relief of skeletal muscle spasms caused by reflex spasms to local pathology (such as inflammation of the muscles or joints or secondary to trauma), spasticity caused by upper motor neuron disorders (such as cerebral palsy and paraplegia, athetosis, and stiff-man syndrome), and spasticity caused by upper motor neuron disorders (such as cerebral palsy and paraplegia, athetosis, and stiff-man syndrome.
Under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, diazepam is classified as a Schedule IV substance. Benzodiazepine abuse and dependence have been documented. Because of their susceptibility to habituation and dependency, addiction-prone persons (such as drug addicts or alcoholics) should be closely monitored when receiving diazepam or other psychotropic medications. When physical dependence on benzodiazepines develops, stopping medication will result in withdrawal symptoms. Patients who are on long-term therapy are at a higher risk of developing dependency.
WORKING OF DIAZEPAM
white diazepam 10mg is a family member of the benzodiazepine medicines. The Benzodiazepine class of medicines works for the treatments in the same way. They have similar chemical structures and are frequently used to treat similar disorders. diazepam 10 mg blue pill works by enhances
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) which is a speciﬁc enzyme that can send messages throughout your nervous system. Your body may be in an anxious condition if you don’t have enough GABA enzymes in your brain, which can trigger anxiety, muscle spasms, and seizures. but if you have sufficient amounts of this GABA enzyme then it will help you feel less anxious, have fewer muscle spasms, have fewer seizures, and relieve your symptoms.
USES OF DIAZEPAM 10 MG
- Used to treat alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Anxiety disorders
- Muscle stiffness
- Diazepam 10mg can also be taken with some other medications to treat seizures.
- Short-term anxiety symptoms
- Muscle spasticity caused due to upper motor neuron disorders
- Stiff person syndrome (SPS)
USUAL RECOMMENDED DOSAGES
Doses vary from person to person and it also depends upon various factors such as some medical conditions, medication history, allergic conditions, and on age group. Therefore your doctor will recommend the right dose for you. so take white diazepam 10mg exactly as your doctor tells you to take. The dose might be lower if you’re over 65 or have a medical condition with kidney or liver or severe breathing problems. But the generally recommended dose is:
- For anxiety: take 2mg, 3 times a day, this might be increased to 5mg to 10mg, taken 3 times a day depending upon the condition of the patient.
- For sleep problems (related to anxiety): given 5mg to 15mg, taken once a day at bedtime according to the medical condition.
- For muscle spasms in adults: given 2 mg to 15 mg a day. This can be taken as 1mg twice a day and can go up to 5mg taken 3 times a day. The dose can be increased to up to 20mg, taken 3 times a day if the condition does not come to control.
- Muscle spasms in children (from aged 1 month to 17 years): depends on age. It’s usually taken twice a day, between 10 to 12 hours each dose.
SIDE EFFECTS OF Diazepam
Side effects depend upon the different factors and it varies from person to person. The Side effects can be severe or common which occur with blue diazepam 10 mg. If side effects are mild, they will vanish in a few days or within a week but if the side effects persist in your body and worsen your condition then consult with your doctor and take medical assistance immediately.
Some common side effects of diazepam are:
- Muscle weakness
- Problems with balance or coordination
Some other side effects of diazepam are:
- Blurred vision
- Hyperexcitability or nervousness
- Changes in behavior and sleep
- Trouble speaking
- Low blood pressure
- Changes in urination
PRECAUTIONS OF Diazepam 10 MG
- This medicine’s long-term safety has yet to be determined. It should not be used for more than four weeks.
- This drug has a high potential for addiction and habit formation. Follow your doctor’s instructions for dosage and duration.
- It has the potential to make you dizzy. Do not drive or do anything else that demands mental concentration until you have a better understanding of how this medicine affects you.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided because it can cause dizziness and drowsiness.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, or breastfeeding women, tell your doctor.
- Stopping your medicine abruptly without consulting your doctor might cause nausea, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.
- Diazepam 10 mg tablet should be taken with caution in patients who have a history of alcohol or drug misuse since they are more likely to become addicted.
- Patients with hypoalbuminemia are more likely to experience sedative side effects.
- When providing diazepam to patients with personality disorders, take extreme caution.
- Patients with severe hepatic insufficiency should avoid benzodiazepines since they can cause encephalopathy. The dosage may need to be lowered in patients with the chronic hepatic illness.
- Because severe renal failure increases cerebral sensitivity, lower doses should be utilized.
- Hypnotics should be avoided by the elderly, as they are more likely to become ataxic and confused, making them more likely to fall and damage themselves. If a choice to treat is made based on clinical need, treatment should be started at a lower dose.
- When taking blue diazepam 10 mg preoperatively in children, use caution because the effects and timing of response might be inconsistent, and paradoxical reactions can arise.
- The typical precautions in treating individuals with compromised renal function should be taken. A reduced dose is also indicated for patients with chronic respiratory insufficiency due to the possibility of respiratory depression. The half-life of diazepam 10 mg tablet does not change clinically in renal failure, hence dose adjustments are usually unnecessary.